Skip to main content

Mother's Day - Some thoughts from a mother...

My child I gave life to you; I held you in my arms, a prescious gift indeed.
Everything I wanted to give to you, I wanted to do right to you!
And then life happened, life with it's twists and turns...
Unpredictable life, lesson's to be learned, re-acting to situations as they were thrown at me.
I did not choose these lessons my child, but I always tried to do my best as I knew how.
My best might not have been enough for you, but you will, may be, do everything better with your child... until life throws it's lessons at you...
So when you when you think of your mother today, remember: She ALWAYS tried her best!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!

c    J Schulte-Zurhausen 13.May 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freewriting

Visit wikihow on how to Freewrite at the following link: http://www.wikihow.com/Freewrite I was introduced to Freewriting during workshops I attended and found it to be a valuable tool in opening up to write. Usually I have a vague topic in mind  which I write on top of the page and then I start writing, nothing planned, nothing organized, just allowing the words to flow. Quite often I find I drift away from my chosen topic and that is fine as well as it shows me there is another story lingering in my subconscious mind wanting to come out and be written Freewriting is an exercise to help to get your muse flowing.  Write - do NOT stop until your timer goes off. Do NOT lift your pen from the paper, even if this means writing, "I don't know what to write," over and over again. Write nonsense, write anything, but don't stop writing . Look back over what you've written and see if anything sparks your interest. If so, use it as a point of departure for anoth...

So very blessed!

For years I bemoaned the fact that I was not given the gift of a daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love both my sons and would not trade them for anything in the world! But I guess like every man wishes for a son I wished for a daughter. Someone I could pass my knowledge, everything I inherited from my mom, the good and the not so good... I love cooking, baking, decorating, frills and laces, the colour pink, dancing in the rain, listening to the thunderstorm, be mad and silly and everything that makes a woman... yet it was not to be. Today, whilst cleaning my studio,  I had  an epiphany, a light bulb went on... During my years of teaching I had so many daughters, sisters, mothers attending my classes. I had my sons girlfriends, and other beautiful young girls who grew up to be such beautiful young women, and all of them hold very special places in my heart! Every one was so very special and the one or other might even continue spreading a little part of me! What more can ...