Skip to main content

I sold my life...

I sold my life, the life as I knew it with all the memories and attachment to things and left the country I lived in and learned to love despite or may be because of all it's challenges.

Selling my house, my furniture, my memories, and only keeping a few necessities and memorabilia to start a new life in the country of my birth, a life without my husband who had just passed on. Feeling lost and lonely and drifting without direction and any support I wanted to make a new start in a country that was familiar to me, or so I thought.

In short, I returned after only 9 months, together with my 15 boxes and my 2 beloved Ridgebacks that never left my side and started making a new life in a country that had become my home and that I love so much.

It was not an easy time to start from scratch, falling very ill, unable to move at many days. The most upsetting part, which I only realized today how much it had hurt, was how I had been taken for a ride by unscrupulous people.
Buying a house only to discover how many faults had been covered up, not fixed just very bad shabby cover ups, a car sold to me by an unscrupulous car dealer which was mainly scrap, a roadworthy certificate issued to that dealer for that car not worth the ink it was printed on, so called certified repair garages taking advantage and the list goes on and on.

But I dug my heels in, I fought, I cried, I threw temper tantrums, sometimes I would  be so sick I could not walk...if it hadn't been for the level headed son of mine I don't know where I would be today...
 
Amongst the many things I sold  were 2 items, one was my Jeep Grand Cherokee and the other one my red water kettle. Why would I mention these items? It is quite funny actually but these are two items I missed the most.

The red water kettle was one of a kind, I just loved it because it was different, an unusual design, just one of it's kind, very special.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.8 was MY car and I loooooved that car. I had many cars in my life but this was my car. I loved the feel and smell of the leather, the feeling of comfort and safety when driving, the sound of the engine, omw the sound when you start the engine, what can I say, I looooved that car ;)

Today was the day when I realized just how much I loved that car, chatting to a guy who drove, guess what,
a Jeep and realizing I could have had a Jeep again if I had looked at the wright places, known the wright places or the wright people, but I didn't know...

I closed the door behind me and my tears just started welling up, streaming down my face, sobbing uncontrollably...

Is this emotional upset just about the car I wonder? May be, may be not...  But boy I loved that car...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A poem by Etty Hillesum

It has been a long time since I posted anything, I guess some time was needed to fill this creative vessel ;) This morning as I was opening my little book, 'Taking Time to Just Be' the page with this poem opened: Such words as "god" and "death" and "suffering" and "eternity" are best forgotten.   We have to become as simple and as wordless  as the growing corn or the falling rain  We must just be. Etty Hillesum I don't know about you but for me, 'to just be' is sometimes quite hard, there is always something to do, some project, some thoughts, some poem, some painting. But the moments when it happens, when I am just in that moment, everything just brightens up, there is a peacefulness within, a golden moment....
I love writing poetry and as with my art I have my personal favorite style. When I came across this post I thought I share it here: Jane Hirshfield is the author of seven books of poetry, including most recently Come, Thief , and the classic collection of essays, Nine Gates: Entering the Mind of Poetry . Who better to ask: Why write poetry? Here are her in-depth, thought provoking answers to this two-part question: Jennifer Haupt: Why do you write poems, and why would anyone want to write a poem? Jane Hirshfield: One reason to write a poem is to flush from the deep thickets of the self some thought, feeling, comprehension, question, music, you didn’t know was in you, or in the world. Other forms of writing—scientific papers, political analysis, most journalism—attempt to capture and comprehend something known. Poetry is a release of something previously unknown into the visible. You write to invite that, to make of yourself a gathering of the unexpected and, with luck, o