Skip to main content

Forgiveness - A great gift indeed!

Forgiveness a great gift...

We always hear to forgive, others and ourselves, so let me share a personal story about forgiveness:

About 30 years back I had to oblige to a request of my mother to do something that was so completely against my own believe, but analytically I could understand her reasoning and as a 'good' daughter  I followed her instruction.


For years this haunted me, I could forgive myself, but had the other person forgiven me??? So it came as a completely surprise when one day I received an email from that person telling me how grateful she was for doing what I did back then. 


(I am afraid I can't go into details, as it involves a family member and very private details).
Believe me I was first in shock, because we have never spoken about it, no one ever mentioned it again in all these years and then the tears just welled up washed away the pain that I carried for all these years.



Forgiveness is a powerful gift indeed.

So today phone or email someone, tell him or her you forgive them, or say I do understand what you did or why you did it and I love you...


Do it today, remember the other person is living with the pain. -

Comments

What an amazing post. I regret that after my great-uncle Fred died, my grandmother kind of forced my mother and us to shun his wife, my Aunt Kay. Aunt Kay was Fred's second wife and Grandma never liked her. But she was always kind to us and I know she loved us. But Grandma was such a force, and it was a case of being "with her" or "against her." Aunt Kay is gone now too, and I wish I could tell her how sorry I am that we didn't stand up to Grandma and find a way to keep her in our lives. I've "told" her in my prayers, but I guess this is also my "email" to her as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Freewriting

Visit wikihow on how to Freewrite at the following link: http://www.wikihow.com/Freewrite I was introduced to Freewriting during workshops I attended and found it to be a valuable tool in opening up to write. Usually I have a vague topic in mind  which I write on top of the page and then I start writing, nothing planned, nothing organized, just allowing the words to flow. Quite often I find I drift away from my chosen topic and that is fine as well as it shows me there is another story lingering in my subconscious mind wanting to come out and be written Freewriting is an exercise to help to get your muse flowing.  Write - do NOT stop until your timer goes off. Do NOT lift your pen from the paper, even if this means writing, "I don't know what to write," over and over again. Write nonsense, write anything, but don't stop writing . Look back over what you've written and see if anything sparks your interest. If so, use it as a point of departure for anoth...

So very blessed!

For years I bemoaned the fact that I was not given the gift of a daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love both my sons and would not trade them for anything in the world! But I guess like every man wishes for a son I wished for a daughter. Someone I could pass my knowledge, everything I inherited from my mom, the good and the not so good... I love cooking, baking, decorating, frills and laces, the colour pink, dancing in the rain, listening to the thunderstorm, be mad and silly and everything that makes a woman... yet it was not to be. Today, whilst cleaning my studio,  I had  an epiphany, a light bulb went on... During my years of teaching I had so many daughters, sisters, mothers attending my classes. I had my sons girlfriends, and other beautiful young girls who grew up to be such beautiful young women, and all of them hold very special places in my heart! Every one was so very special and the one or other might even continue spreading a little part of me! What more can ...