Skip to main content

Life Cycles

Life Cycles,

yesterday I had to put down my beloved Ridgeback, he was only 9 years. He had been ill for almost a year, a tumor diagnosed last year had spread to his stomach; the last few days he was very frail and my heart was sore seeing but not believing what was about to happen.
It was the second time I had to put a beloved friend to rest and it doesn't get any easier! But I do know he is with his sister now who crossed the Rainbow Bridge last year.

As I was cleaning the house, washing  his blankets etc today I couldn't help but thinking of life cycles; if you do Numerology you do know that we go through different cycles in life. 

Well, since yesterday when I arrived back home I had this sudden feeling that a life cycle was completed, not only because of the passing of my dog. 

The last few years for me were all about death, death of my pets, my husband, but also death in a spiritual way, letting go of many thoughts and thought pattern, letting go of many previous attachments.
But death is also a promise of renewal, of being re-born so to speak, and this is also what I have noticed, and it makes me think of this little poem of mine:


One day, I know
One day,
Not today or tomorrow,
But one day the pain will disappear
And so one day
I will rise like the phoenix out of the ashes.

Freestyle, January 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freewriting

Visit wikihow on how to Freewrite at the following link: http://www.wikihow.com/Freewrite I was introduced to Freewriting during workshops I attended and found it to be a valuable tool in opening up to write. Usually I have a vague topic in mind  which I write on top of the page and then I start writing, nothing planned, nothing organized, just allowing the words to flow. Quite often I find I drift away from my chosen topic and that is fine as well as it shows me there is another story lingering in my subconscious mind wanting to come out and be written Freewriting is an exercise to help to get your muse flowing.  Write - do NOT stop until your timer goes off. Do NOT lift your pen from the paper, even if this means writing, "I don't know what to write," over and over again. Write nonsense, write anything, but don't stop writing . Look back over what you've written and see if anything sparks your interest. If so, use it as a point of departure for anoth...

So very blessed!

For years I bemoaned the fact that I was not given the gift of a daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love both my sons and would not trade them for anything in the world! But I guess like every man wishes for a son I wished for a daughter. Someone I could pass my knowledge, everything I inherited from my mom, the good and the not so good... I love cooking, baking, decorating, frills and laces, the colour pink, dancing in the rain, listening to the thunderstorm, be mad and silly and everything that makes a woman... yet it was not to be. Today, whilst cleaning my studio,  I had  an epiphany, a light bulb went on... During my years of teaching I had so many daughters, sisters, mothers attending my classes. I had my sons girlfriends, and other beautiful young girls who grew up to be such beautiful young women, and all of them hold very special places in my heart! Every one was so very special and the one or other might even continue spreading a little part of me! What more can ...