Skip to main content

Finding time to write

There is so much going on in our lives that we seem to think we don't have time to write, trust me you have time, 10 - 15 minutes a day is all you need.
You could get up 10 minutes earlier in the morning, write in the bus, in the train, in your break, after lunch, after dinner, you WILL find time if you WANT to write, trust me.

And always, always have a little notebook in your hand/bag, pocket or car.

The other day driving to my hardware store, I had a strong sense of my late husband sitting next to me and as I was <talking> to him a few lines for a poem came to mind. I recited it over and over again until I could stop and write it down. Then I kept this little booklet of A6 in my hand, wrote down some more lines with my booklet on the bonnet of my car and  a some more while I was in the hardware store...

Looking back it must have looked quite funny, but then again being at the hardware store one could imagine I was writing down my list... lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A poem by Etty Hillesum

It has been a long time since I posted anything, I guess some time was needed to fill this creative vessel ;) This morning as I was opening my little book, 'Taking Time to Just Be' the page with this poem opened: Such words as "god" and "death" and "suffering" and "eternity" are best forgotten.   We have to become as simple and as wordless  as the growing corn or the falling rain  We must just be. Etty Hillesum I don't know about you but for me, 'to just be' is sometimes quite hard, there is always something to do, some project, some thoughts, some poem, some painting. But the moments when it happens, when I am just in that moment, everything just brightens up, there is a peacefulness within, a golden moment....

I am free at last...

Free at last When you look up to the sky you'll see me in the clouds whispering 'I am free' When you feel the wind carressing your face you will hear me whispering 'I am free' When you feel the rain gently rolling down your cheeks you will hear me 'I am free' When you look up to the stars at night you will know 'I am free'   When you watch the eagles dancing in the sky you will know I am free at last! c J. Schulte-Zurhausen 2013